Great Western American Adventure (Summer 2020)
Great Western American Adventure (Summer 2020)
From glorious cities to wine country, dramatic canyons and coastal towns, this 15 day trip allows you to see the highlights of America’s West in a concise but enriching manner. Along the way you’ll discover the bohemian charms of San Francisco and Sonoma and the wonders of Bryce Canyon National Park, all while staying in a number of lodges within the National Parks. Don’t forget to bring your camera to star studded Hollywood. What better place to spot an icon than in the movie capital?
- San Francisco: Enjoy a delightful Welcome Dinner with your fellow travellers and Travel Director.
- Santa Barbara: Savour a delicious dining experience at one of sunny Santa Barbara’s local restaurants.
- Grand Canyon: Enjoy dinner with an incredible view at the Thunderbird Room, overlooking the South Rim.
- Dining Summary: 14 Breakfasts (B) and 7 Dinners with wine (DW).
- San Francisco: Revisit the ‘Summer of Love’ with a Local Expert and former hippie at Haight-Ashbury, the iconic district where the hippie counterculture evolved.
- Los Angeles: Join a Local Expert for a behind-the-scenes tour of a historic downtown theatre.
- Grand Canyon: Join Local Expert Canyon Tim for an informative presentation and witness the burnt orange hues of the canyon walls.
- Monument Valley: Join a Navajo guide in an open-air vehicle to explore the iconic vistas of this Navajo Tribal Park.
Stay in Style
- San Francisco: Timeless yet modern, The Westin St. Francis on Union Square, San Francisco has a vibrant, directly located on Union Square, with cable cars stopping just outside the doors.
- Yosemite National Park: Stay in the park and enjoy Yosemite after the crowds have left, just a short walk to Yosemite Falls.
- Monterey: Located on Cannery Row, InterContinental The Clement Monterey is a beautiful waterfront hotel in California, overlooking Monterey Bay.
- Santa Barbara: Stay at the Hilton Santa Barbara Beachfront Resort. Enjoy beautiful views and a serene stay right on the beach.
- Los Angeles: Stay at the InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown situated within walking distance of the city’s most noteworthy attractions.
- Scottsdale: Experience Hotel Valley Ho, a mid-century modern oasis in the heart of Downtown Scottsdale with plenty of amenities and nearby attractions.
- Grand Canyon: Insight stays centrally located within the National Park. In these cases, the hotels are much more rustic and typical of the natural environment.
- Lake Powell: We guarantee rooms with lake-views, picture-perfect vistas and breathtaking sunsets at Lake Powell Resorts and Marinas.
- Zion National Park: Stay in rustic charming lodges, located right inside the National Park.
- Las Vegas: The luxurious Caesars Palace on the iconic Vegas Strip offers restaurants, nightlife, relaxation, and entertainment. It’s distinct style is a tribute to Rome’s opulence.
Top Rated Highlights
- San Francisco: See the iconic cable cars, Union Square and Golden Gate Bridge.
- Sonoma: Browse the unique shops on the historic Sonoma Plaza.
- Yosemite National Park: Experience the park’s natural beauty and wildlife. See the El Capitan and Half Dome rock formations.
- San Joaquin Valley: Stop at a historic fruit stand where seasonal delights are grown, farmed, and sold.
- Carmel-by-the-Sea: Browse the art galleries and shops in this quaint beach city.
- Scenic Drives: 17-Mile Drive past the Pebble Beach Golf Links.
- Los Angeles: Drive along Sunset Boulevard, see the Hollywood Walk of Fame and TCL Chinese Theatre.
- Sedona: Visit this Red Rock Country artists’ colony, set in Sedona’s majestic red rock landscape.
- Cameron: Stop at the historic Trading Post, established in the early 1900s as a place where Native American’s traded wool and livestock.
- Lake Powell: A testament to the power of water over rock, glide through the narrow sandstone turns of Antelope Canyon during your cruise.
- Glen Canyon: Visit the dam that stands 710 feet or 216 meters high, and provides water and power to western communities.
- Bryce Canyon National Park: Enjoy the rugged beauty with a leisurely walk along Sunset Point to view the hoodoos.
- Zion National Park: The most relaxing and informative way to see the grandeur and natural features of the canyon is by a private shuttle that includes live commentary.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport…
San Francisco, the City by the Bay.
Exploring San Francisco.
San Francisco to Yosemite National Park.
Yosemite National Park to Monterey.
Monterey, the Cradle of History.
The American Riviera.
Santa Monica and the City of Angels.
The Glitz and Glam of L.A.
Across the Mojave to Scottsdale.
Sedona and the Wonders of the Mighty Grand Canyon.
Monument Valley and Lake Powell.
Leisurely Lake Powell.
Bryce Canyon and Zion National Parks.
Zion to Las Vegas, From Nature to Neon.
Depart Las Vegas.